how it works
We believe that young men have a lot of potential and much to offer our community.
But we know that everyone, including young men, face challenges at some point in their lives.
- Hassles with parents – often in mixed families or after conflict or separation
- Being bullied at school, at home or in the neighbourhood
- Problems with a teacher or boss
- Something bad happening to someone close (death in the family, etc)
- Relationship break up
- Losing a job or having problems getting a job
- Money worries
- Using alcohol or drugs to cope with difficult issues
- Being controlled by anger or other destructive emotions
- Addictions to things like Internet porn or gambling
- Adjusting to life outside school, home or detention
If you know (or you are) a young guy facing a challenge and could really use someone to talk to, Menslink can help.
We believe that young men are capable of finding solutions from their own strengths and resources. Our counselling service helps them identify and access those resources in order to bring about positive changes in their lives.
We provide a safe place for young men to explore options to solve challenges that may have arisen at school, at home, with friends, their health, their money situation or even their spirituality. If needed, we can also work with parents or other significant people in their life.
counselling aims to help young men
- Build resilience and confidence
- Instil a sense of belonging
- Enhance their positive potential in all aspects of life
All services at Menslink are provided at no cost to the young men or their families.
There are no fees or charges. They’re completely confidential and counselling is available to any young guy aged 10-25.
Counselling is offered at our office in Holder, or at selected schools and centres around Canberra.