Menslink is expanding to provide more free support than ever to young guys who need it.
Ever wanted to make a difference to young guys & their families in an great team environment? This could be the job for you…
We’re looking for a self-motivated, caring and active individual to support young guys through therapeutic counselling support at our offices and in schools across Canberra. We’re looking for both full-time and part-time (or casual if you prefer) roles, with heaps of flexibility around hours that would suit someone with kids or other responsibilities/interests.
We deal with young guys from all walks of life and backgrounds and our work is focused on leveraging their strengths to help them get through common struggles that many of them have (family violence, bullying, trauma, relationship breakdowns, anxiety and depression). You’ll work in a tight-knit and supportive team both here at Menslink and in outreach programs primarily based in high schools and colleges.
There are opportunities to also work in our educational and group programs as well, providing variety in your day to day work.
It would suit anyone wanting to expand and develop their counselling career who is seeking to make a real difference to young people and our community at large. It offers enormous professional and personal rewards for the right person.
You will need:
- Formal counselling qualifications (or be on your way to getting them)
- Experience in working with young people and/or young men
- Personal drive and commitment towards values-based community youth work
- A positive belief in the potential of young men
- Highly developed communication skills (written, verbal and inter-personal), both with clients, your team and our stakeholders
- Ability to develop new and/or adapt existing programs to engage young men
- Ability to work productively both independently and as part of a team
This role requires the applicant to undergo extensive screening, including a police check. You must have a current WWVP card. A current driver’s license and vehicle are required.
Given the nature of our client base, Menslink deem that being male is a genuine occupational qualification for the position in accordance with Subsection 34(2)(i) of the Discrimination Act 1991(and Section 30 of the Sex Discrimination Act 1984).
Applications close Friday 3rd November 5pm