Counselling helps you move from “This is terrible! Why is it happening to me?!” to “It might be bad, but I can handle this…”
How it works
We believe that young men have lots of potential and much to offer our community. We also understand that all of us, including young guys, go through difficult times in our lives. Some of the problems that young guys face include:
- Hassles with parents – especially in mixed families
- Being bullied at school, at home or in the neighbourhood
- Problems with a teacher or a boss
- Something bad happening to someone close (death in the family etc)
- Relationship break up
- Losing a job or having problems getting a job
- Money worries
- Using alcohol or drugs to cope with difficult issues
- Being controlled by anger or other destructive emotions
- Addictions to things like Internet porn or gambling
- Adjusting to life outside school, home or detention
For young guys who are going through difficult times and want to talk through some of these personal issues, you can contact us and come in and have a talk.
Menslink believes that young men are capable of finding solutions for their life from their own strengths and resources. Our counselling service is about helping young men to identify and access those resources in order to bring about positive changes in their lives.
We provide a safe place for young men to explore options to solve problems that may have arisen at school, at home, with friends, their health, their money situation or even their spirituality. If needed, we can also work with parents or other significant people in his life.
All services at Menslink are free. There are no fees or charges. They’re completely confidential and are available to any young guy aged between twelve and twenty-five. Menslink provides counselling at our offices in Holder or at selected schools and centres around Canberra.
For more information, please have a look at:
- Getting tips on sorting out your problems
- Case studies and testimonials
- What’s the difference between a counsellor and a psychologist
Or please contact us.